from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An earnest affirmation or declaration of support.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of asseverating, or that which is asseverated; positive affirmation or assertion; solemn declaration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of asseverating; positive affirmation or assertion; solemn declaration.
- n. That which is asseverated; an emphatic assertion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a declaration that is made emphatically (as if no supporting evidence were necessary)
From Latin assevērātiō, from assevērō. (Wiktionary)