from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to commerce: a commercial loan; a commercial attaché.
- adj. Engaged in commerce: a commercial trucker.
- adj. Involved in work that is intended for the mass market: a commercial artist.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being goods, often unrefined, produced and distributed in large quantities for use by industry.
- adj. Having profit as a chief aim: a commercial book, not a scholarly tome.
- adj. Sponsored by an advertiser or supported by advertising: commercial television.
- n. A paid advertisement on television or radio.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An advertisement in a common media format, usually radio or television.
- adj. Of or pertaining to commerce.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to commerce; carrying on or occupied with commerce or trade; mercantile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to commerce or trade; of the nature of commerce: as, commercial concerns; commercial relations; a commercial transaction.
- Carrying on commerce; characterized by devotion to commerce: as, a commercial community.
- Proceeding or accruing from trade: as, commercial benefits or profits.
- Devoted to commerce: as, a commercial career.
- Prepared for the market, or merely as an article of commerce; hence, not entirely or chemically pure: as, commercial soda, silver, etc.
- Synonyms See mercantile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. connected with or engaged in or sponsored by or used in commerce or commercial enterprises
- adj. of or relating to commercialism
- adj. of the kind or quality used in commerce; average or inferior
- n. a commercially sponsored ad on radio or television
commerce + -ial (Wiktionary)