from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Waste matter eliminated from the bowels; excrement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Digested waste material discharged from the bowels; excrement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. dregs; sediment; excrement. See fæces.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Dregs; lees; sediment; matter excreted and ejected.
- Specifically The undigested portions of the food, mixed with some secretions in the alimentary canal, which are evacuated at the anus; dung; excrement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels
Middle English, from Latin faecēs, pl. of faex, dregs.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin faecēs, nominative plural of faex ("residue, dregs"). (Wiktionary)