American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Vulgar A piece of excrement.
- n. Slang Vulgar A contemptible person.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A ball or lump of excrement; dung.
- n. vulgar A piece of solid animal or human feces.
- n. A pejorative term, typically directed at a person.
- n. obscene terms for feces
- From Middle English toord, tord, from Old English tord ("piece of excrement, dung, filth "), from Proto-Germanic *turdan (“mud, manure”), from Proto-Indo-European *der- (“to split, flay”). Cognate with Middle Dutch tord ("lump of excrement"), Old High German zort ("dung, excrement"), Old Norse torð- ("dung-", in compounds), Old English tyrdel ("dropping, small piece of excrement"). More at tear, treddle. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Old English tord. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A turd is still a turd no matter how you describe it but a turd is also illustrative of all that is wholesome about life here and everywhere.”
“I slave away at a sentance or paragraph for an hour polishing a turd till it reaches mirror status, but my lack of confidence (probably fully justified) makes me sure that the turd is and will always be a turd.”
“The kind that think that are convinced that a turd is art if and only if the one selling it as art had a degree in arts.”
“Exactly, but the little turd is trying its best to distract from the obvious.”
“Obama/Biden won't but I'll be goddamned if others shouldn't call a turd a turd.”
“The lunch for three with the man President George W. Bush affectionately called turd blossom will take place at a steak house in W.shington.”
“Engadget (and, every once and a while Gizmodo) are known to call a turd a turd.”
“Someone who might agree with you on 70-80% of what you say should not be referred to as a turd, fucktard, etc ...”
“The tin hat on the turd has been the update element that tries to paper over the cracks - ie, the element that makes the signal look better.”
“Either way, it doesn't matter: You can call a turd a rose, but it still stinks.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘turd’.
This is an experiment in public lists--something I've been thinking about for some time. The goal is to create a collection of short, powerful, evocative words.
This is an open list. A...
words that have to do with the sewers and the stuff that goes into them can be as gross as you like but stay on the topic of pipes poop and piles of sludge animals found in there are also welcome
Words from the works of Peter Reading - at least one from each (except the Schwitters-esque erosions, cut-ups etc).
terms of endearment - this list is rated X.
( personal list, randomness )
sweetie pants, big mamma biscuit, sugar pants, cheese tits, honey poo, pussy lips, snuggly poo, sweetpea, sugar tits, fuck puppet, sex slave, sleepy head and 44 more...
"False Friend" is a linguistic term for words that appear in more than one language, but with entirely different meanings. They can cause a lot of problems for the unwary tourist.
Looking for tweets for turd.