from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of melena.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A discharge from the bowels of black matter, consisting of altered blood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Black vomit: a term adopted by Sauvages to denote the occurrence of dark-colored, grumous, and pitchy evacuations, generally accompanied by vomiting of black-colored bloody matter. The black vomit in yellow fever is a morbid secretion mixed with blood from the lining membrane of the stomach and small intestines.
- n. The discharge from the anus of dark, tarry, and altered blood, the result of intestinal hemorrhage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. abnormally dark tarry feces containing blood (usually from gastrointestinal bleeding)
Sorry, no etymologies found.