from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A solution, medicated or nonmedicated, applied as a cleanser for the eyes.
- n. Informal Actions or remarks intended to conceal the facts of a situation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soothing medicated lotion for the eyes
- n. nonsense; flattery; pretentiousness.
- n. A means of creating a deceptively favourable impression of something or someone; something for appearance only.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See eyewater.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A medicated water for the eyes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lotion consisting of a solution used as a cleanser for the eyes
eye + wash (Wiktionary)