from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. pomade.
- v. To dress with pomatum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A perfumed unguent or composition, chiefly used in dressing the hair; pomade.
- transitive v. To dress with pomatum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as pomade, 2.
- To apply pomatum to, as the hair.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hairdressing consisting of a perfumed oil or ointment
Latinization of pomade (circa 1560) to agree with Latin pōmum ("fruit"). (Wiktionary)