from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Used in the healing or treating of wounds.
- n. A remedy used in healing or treating wounds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Useful or used for healing wounds; healing, curative.
- adj. (rare) Causing wounds, wounding.
- n. A healing drug or other agent used in healing and treating wounds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Useful in healing wounds; adapted to the cure of external injuries.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Causing wounds.
- Useful in healing wounds; adapted to the cure of external injuries: as, vulnerary plants or potions.
- n. pl. vulneraries (-riz.). A remedy applied to wounds to favor their healing.
Latin vulnerārius, from vulnus, vulner-, wound; see vulnerable.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin vulnerārius, from vulnus ("wound"). (Wiktionary)