from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of truncating or shortening (in all senses)
- n. The removal of the least significant digits from a decimal number
- n. The replacement of a solid angle by a plane (or a similar operation in other dimensions)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of truncating, lopping, or cutting off.
- n. The state of being truncated.
- n. The replacement of an edge or solid angle by a plane, especially when the plane is equally inclined to the adjoining faces.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of truncating, or the state of being truncated; also, a truncated part.
- n. In crystallography, the replacement of an angle (or edge) by a crystalline face.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of cutting short
- n. the property of being truncated or short
- n. the replacement of an edge or solid angle (as in cutting a gemstone) by a plane (especially by a plane that is equally inclined to the adjacent faces)
Some previous applicants will be pleased to know that a quirk known as "truncation" - in which some words, or parts of words, have been inadvertently cut off during submission, for those applicants who didn't preview their work - is likely to become a thing of the past in the form's new incarnation.
On the neck truncation is a monogram of Gilroy Robert’s initials GR.
This is referred to as the truncation problem because there is no standard procedure for determining when energy costs become small enough to neglect.
Do not sign up for voluntary check truncation, which is non return of your checks.
The issues with inconsistent titling, title truncation, dialogs that make a parent window's menus inaccessible, and the inherent lack of discoverability haven't been addressed.
This post lists the 19 schools that the Department of Education wants to phase out, along with the six that will have their middle school grades removed that's called truncation. the Panel for Educational Policy votes on the changes, hearings are going on almost every night at the schools that are to be phased out or truncated.
· Avoid hostname truncation and incorrect eliding.
 Low Avoid hostname truncation and incorrect eliding.
For the scope of this blog post, the concepts that need to be conveyed are that SQL Server allocates log space in logical sections called Virtual Log Files (VLFs) within each physical log file, and depending on the logging level of that database, there are several actions that trigger something called log truncation, which is the action of freeing any virtual logs before the VLF that contains the minimum recovery log sequence number.
· Resolved artist name truncation issue during music playback
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.