from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The intricate patterns produced by frost, as on a windowpane.
- n. Artificially made ornamental patterns similar to those produced by frost, applied to the surface of metal or glass.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any naturally occurring intricate pattern of ice crystals
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The figurework, often fantastic and delicate, which moisture sometimes forms in freezing, as upon a window pane or a flagstone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The beautiful covering of hoar frost deposited on shrubs or other objects, and with the finest effects on windows.
Sorry, no etymologies found.