from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A quality, mannerism, or custom specific to or characteristic of the Orient.
- n. Scholarly knowledge of Asian cultures, languages, and peoples.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any system, doctrine, custom, expression, etc., peculiar to Oriental people.
- n. Knowledge or use of Oriental languages, history, literature, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A characteristic of Eastern nations, as a mode of thought or expression, or a custom; also, such characteristics collectively; Eastern character or characteristics.
- n. Knowledge of Oriental languages or literature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality or customs or mannerisms characteristic of Asian civilizations
- n. the scholarly knowledge of Asian cultures and languages and people
Sorry, no etymologies found.