from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A river of south-central England flowing 154.5 km (96 mi) to the Severn. It is known for its associations with Shakespeare.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of several rivers in Britain.
- proper n. A former modern county of England (from 1974 to 1996) created from Bristol, southern Gloucestershire and northern Somerset.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a river in central England that flows through Stratford-on-Avon and empties into the Severn
- n. a county in southwestern England
- n. a river in southwestern England rising in Gloucestershire and flowing through Bristol to empty into the estuary of the Severn
Sorry, no etymologies found.
KATRINA D'AMICO, WIFE OF AVON MAN: I asked to take the brochures into the office, and one day he took one in and the women went crazy with him selling Avon to him.
AVON -- An ongoing feud over water in the Avon area will continue despite a Hendricks County judge's ruling last month.
AVON, Colorado - The IronKids triathlon takes place in Avon on
AVON, Colorado - A man hit two cars instead of parking his own, which was his intention, police in Avon, Colorado said.
AVON, Colorado - Stubborn, sky-high flames ravaged nearly one-quarter of the pool building at Beaver Creek West Condominiums early Wednesday morning in Avon, Colorado.
AVON -- An Avon apartment fire today cost eight apartment owners their homes, but everyone escaped unharmed.
AVON - Halloween 2008 just might go down as one of the worst Halloweens ever for a 62-year-old man in Avon, Colorado.
Despite having agents all over the country and holding the title Avon Senior Executive Sales Leader, Miss Davis still has her own round and continues to see her regular customers.
You can see the truck run-off if you go to maps. google.com and type in Avon CT, and enlarge the map where 44 and Nod Road intersect.
Yes | No | Report from Jim in Avon wrote 49 weeks 1 day ago
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.