from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A row of bushes, shrubs, or trees forming a hedge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A row of closely planted bushes or trees forming a hedge.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A row of shrubs, or trees, planted for inclosure or separation of fields.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A row or series of shrubs or trees planted for inclosure, or for the separation of fields.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fence formed by a row of closely planted shrubs or bushes
Sorry, no etymologies found.