from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of windbreak.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To break the wind of; to cause to lose breath; to exhaust.
- n. A clump of trees serving for a protection against the force of wind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The breaking of trees by wind.
- n. Something to break the force of the wind, as a hedge, a board fence, or a row of evergreen trees; any shelter from the wind.
- To break the wind of. See wind-broken.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hedge or fence of trees designed to lessen the force of the wind and reduce erosion
Sorry, no etymologies found.