American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To issue again, especially to make available again.
- v. To come forth again.
- n. A second or subsequent issue, as of a book.
- n. A reprinting of postage stamps from unchanged plates.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To issue or go forth again.
- To issue, send out, or put forth a second time: as, to reissue an edict; to reissue bank-notes.
- n. A second, or renewed issue: as, the reissue of old notes or coinage.
- v. To issue again.
- v. To reprint a series of postage stamps from old plates.
- v. In patent law: to permit a patent with ministerial errors to be corrected and enforced for the remainder of the original term of the patent.
- n. Something that has issued, or been issued again.
- n. A second or subsequent printing of postage stamps from old plates.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To issue a second time.
- n. A second or repeated issue.
- v. issue (a new version of)
- v. print anew
- n. a publication (such as a book) that is reprinted without changes or editing and offered again for sale
- re- + issue (Wiktionary)
“Call it a "reissue" - all the cool vintage cred, but with a warranty, no parts worries, that new car smell, no e-test problems, etc.”
“Euro Crime on Penguin reissue of Eric Ambler classics.”
“When other labels reissue movies, it's usually films I've seen like Shakespeare In Love and To Kill A Mockingbird.”
“This was a review copy from Tor for the reissue, which is a lovely reissue.”
“The reissue is a blessing of sorts, a celebration on two fronts: the American Indian voice in contemporary ...”
“Because title insurance is a significant part of total closing costs in both purchase and refinance transactions, it is useful to explore whether you may be entitled to any discounts such as "reissue" or "substitution" rates.”
“This baby swings from 1966…this is taken from a pals Japanese Cd reissue which is now OOP.”
“If EMI can reissue their back catalogue, we thought we could, er, 'reissue' this interview from last year, for those who might have missed it the first time around.”
“Not officially a "reissue," the Custom Shop ES-330 Long Neck will apparently be adorned with period-correct extras like black plastic dog-eared pickup covers and a 17° angled headstock, while also sporting a number of new enhancements.”
“reissue," but it bears a close resemblance to the first Marc Johnson model.”
Looking for tweets for reissue.