from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To issue again, especially to make available again.
- intransitive v. To come forth again.
- n. A second or subsequent issue, as of a book.
- n. A reprinting of postage stamps from unchanged plates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To issue again.
- v. To reprint a series of postage stamps from old plates.
- v. In patent law: to permit a patent with ministerial errors to be corrected and enforced for the remainder of the original term of the patent.
- n. Something that has issued, or been issued again.
- n. A second or subsequent printing of postage stamps from old plates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To issue a second time.
- n. A second or repeated issue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To issue or go forth again.
- To issue, send out, or put forth a second time: as, to reissue an edict; to reissue bank-notes.
- n. A second, or renewed issue: as, the reissue of old notes or coinage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. issue (a new version of)
- v. print anew
- n. a publication (such as a book) that is reprinted without changes or editing and offered again for sale
re- + issue (Wiktionary)