from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A reproduction of or an excerpt from an article that was originally contained in a larger publication.
- transitive v. To reproduce or reprint (an article or excerpt).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A reproduction of a single article from a journal or similar publication
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To reprint (as an excerpt).
- n. A reprint or excerpt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A reprint of a separate article contained in a periodical or other publication. See the quotations.
- To print off; print separately (an article or paper which is first printed as part of a periodical or other miscellany). Compare deprint, v.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a separately printed article that originally appeared in a larger publication
Sorry, no etymologies found.