American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A small bag filled with dried beans and used for throwing in games.
- n. A small folded bag filled with lead pellets, used as ammunition in a stun gun.
- n. An article, such as a chair, that is constructed as a bag filled with small pellets.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bag containing, or designed to contain, beans; specifically, a child's game played with bags full of beans. Various games are played with bags of beans, oats, sand, or other material.
- n. A piece of soft furniture consisting of a leather or vinyl covering stuffed with dry beans or other similar pellets.
- n. A small cloth bag filled with dry beans, used as a toy or for exercising the hands.
- n. A type of juggling ball usually made from leather or cloth stuffed with dry beans.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a small cloth bag filled with dried beans; it is thrown from person to person in games.
- n. a small cloth bag filled with dried beans; thrown in games
- bean + bag (Wiktionary)
“I was being foolish like some old beanbag from the Alberta Frozen Tundra who thinks Montana is in Europe and that redneck Montreal is Paris.”
“It may have advanced characteristics and functionality beyond the conversation pit I call the beanbag chair!”
“The McCain campaign's negativity is like "beanbag" - but that's only because it is so inept.”
“The shorthand becomes harmful — that is, the sloppiness exceeds the usefulness — when we start arguing about whether a beanbag is a chair in the abstract, rather than asking “Why do you want to know?””
“Next to the beanbag is a wicker pig, a gift from her romantic disaster.”
“Swelk was sunken deep into what she'd been told was called a beanbag chair, the single piece of Krul-friendly furniture in the house.”
“Mayr also scorned Dawkins, calling his approach "beanbag" genetics, which he wanted to see dead in water.”
“What's even more annoying is how Chris said the Mac campaigns negativity is like "beanbag" compared to some others.”
“Many of these products have a modernist flair, compared to the frumpy green-oriented products of a decade ago such as beanbag chairs made of hemp.”
“Chemical light sticks or "beanbag" lights may be used to maintain light discipline (Figure E-1).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘beanbag’.
Classic Children's Toys and Games and Amusements
There are 17576 different sequences of three letters (26 x 26 x 26). How many of them occur in words? General rules of engagement: mononyms only, lower case preferred to upper case, short preferred...
Looking for tweets for beanbag.