from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To build again.
- transitive v. To make extensive structural repairs on.
- transitive v. To remodel or make extensive changes in: tried to rebuild society.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To build again.
- n. An act of rebuilding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To build again, as something which has been demolished; to construct anew.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To build or build up again; build or construct after having been demolished; reconstruct or reconstitute: as, to rebuild a house, a wall, a wharf, or a city; to rebuild one's credit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. build again
Sorry, no etymologies found.