from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To patch up or restore; renovate.
- transitive v. To revise or reconstruct (a manuscript, for example).
- transitive v. To vamp (a shoe) anew.
- n. The act or an instance of revamping; a complete reorganization or revision.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To renovate, revise, improve or renew; to patch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To vamp again; hence, to patch up; to reconstruct.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To vamp, mend, or patch up again; rehabilitate; reconstruct.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. provide (a shoe) with a new vamp
- v. to patch up or renovate; repair or restore
From re- + vamp (in the sense of applying a vamp to). (Wiktionary)