American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Informal A five-dollar bill.
- n. Chiefly British Informal A five-pound note.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A five-pound or five-dollar note.
- n. slang A banknote with a value of five units of currency.
- n. By extension: the value in money that this represents.
- n. A clenched fist.
- n. A mathematical puzzle played on a 5x5 grid.
- n. Islam A Zaydi Shiite Muslim, who disagrees with the majority of Shiites on the identity of the Fifth Imam.
- n. religion A person who gives five percent of their income or five hours a week of their time to charity (a reduction of ten percent tithing).
- n. a United States bill worth 5 dollars
“Nikita Sergeyevich told western reporters the unfortunate Soviet citizen got a "fiver" -- one year for insulting the party chairman and four for revealing a state secret.”
“Don't you that a fiver is a lot of money for someone on a fixed income?”
“There are 8 shorts in the programme, they're all being shown in the one section, and you can see them all for a fiver, which is pretty good.”
“The twilight schedule makes for long days and late departures, but the media café remains open and provides a substantial Greek salad for about a fiver, which is reasonable compensation.”
“THE jet-fighter for a fiver was a scam too far even for Russia.”
“At that time a fiver was a fortnight's housekeeping.”
“And I also believe that the story of the man who won 650,000 off ********* from a fiver is a scam. front page publicity.”
“Don't agree the fiver is a digression - even if it had been 50p or £5000, it would be equally contemptible.”
“Mum also picked the third place and made a fiver which is the most any of us have made ever.”
“The odd 'fiver' will pay all the expenses, and if the”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fiver’.
Monetary units and other words that mean money. Other financial words are allowed too, as long as they're principally about money. Get it, principally? I kill me.
Words from a 2009 'Awaydays' film.
coins, paper, cards and more
Looking for tweets for fiver.