from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become worse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make worse.
- v. To become worse; to get worse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make worse; to deteriorate; to impair.
- transitive v. To get the better of; to worst.
- intransitive v. To grow or become worse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To grow worse; deteriorate.
- To make worse; cause to deteriorate.
- To obtain advantage of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. grow worse
- v. make worse
Sorry, no etymologies found.