from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being noble
- n. The act of ennobling or something which ennobles
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of making noble, or of exalting, dignifying, or advancing to nobility.
- n. That which ennobles; excellence; dignity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of ennobling, or advancing to nobility; the state of being ennobled.
- n. Exaltation; elevation in degree of excellence; dignity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being noble
- n. the act of raising someone to the nobility
Sorry, no etymologies found.