from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The breeding of related individuals within an isolated or a closed group of organisms or people.
- n. The continued breeding of closely related individuals so as to preserve desirable traits in a stock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. breeding between members of a relatively small population, especially one in which most members are related
- v. Present participle of inbreed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of mating closely related individuals
Sorry, no etymologies found.