from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Fitting into or onto a corresponding part, as a matched plug and socket.
- n. pairing of organisms for copulation.
- v. Present participle of mate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of taking a mate, or pairing, as by birds.
- n. See the quotation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes
Sorry, no etymologies found.