from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process by which an organism produces others of its biological kind
- n. The sexual activity of conceiving and bearing biological offspring
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of begetting; generation and production of young.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of procreating or begetting; generation and production of young.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sexual activity of conceiving and bearing offspring
Recorded since circa 1386, from Old French procreacion (14th century; Modern French procréation), from Latin procreatio ("generation"), the noun of action from procreare ("to bring forth (offspring)"), itself from pro- ("forth") + creare ("to create") (Wiktionary)