from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. asexual reproduction via gemmae
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The formation of a new individual, either animal or vegetable, by a process of budding; an asexual method of reproduction; gemmulation; gemmiparity. See Budding.
- n. The arrangement of buds on the stalk; also, of leaves in the bud.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, the act of budding; also, the manner in which a young leaf is folded up in the bud before its unfolding.
- n. In zoology, the process of reproduction by buds; the formation of a new individual by the protrusion and complete or partial separation of a part of the parent; budding.
- n. Also called gemmulation.
- n. The arrangement or phyllotaxy of leaf-buds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. asexual reproduction in which a local growth on the surface or in the body of the parent becomes a separate individual
Sorry, no etymologies found.