from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Asexual reproduction, as by budding, cell division, or parthenogenesis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. asexual reproduction
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Reproduction without the union of parents of distinct sexes: asexual reproduction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Non-sexual reproduction.
- n. In botany, natural reproduction by buds, offshoots,cell-division, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. reproduction without the fusion of gametes
Greek agamos, unmarried; see agamic + -genesis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
a- ("not") + Ancient Greek γάμος ("marriage") + -genesis (Wiktionary)