American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The theory that inherited characteristics are transmitted from parent to offspring by germ plasm.
- n. Reproduction of an organism by budding.
- n. The transformation of small lymphocytes into larger cells that are capable of undergoing mitosis.
- n. The development of an embryo during cleavage and germ layer formation.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In biology, reproduction by gemmation or budding.
- n. biology reproduction via budding
- n. biology The transformation of small lymphocytes into larger, undifferentiated cells that undergo mitosis
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Biol.) Multiplication or increase by gemmation or budding.
- n. theory that inherited characteristics are transmitted by germ plasm
- n. asexual reproduction by budding
- blasto- + -genesis (Wiktionary)
“Another key finding was that intervention patients showed higher levels of three key markers of immune system function after 12 months: natural killer cell cytotoxicity and Con A and PHA blastogenesis.”
“Virus-specific cellular blastogenesis interleukin-2 production pig recovery African pig fever”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘blastogenesis’.
List of words from phrontistery.info
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for blastogenesis.