from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. something which validates or confirms the authenticity of something
- n. proof of the identity of a user logging on to some network
- n. a hallmark or assay-mark on a piece of metalwork
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a mark on an article of trade to indicate its origin and authenticity.
- n. validating the authenticity of something or someone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of authenticating, verifying, or establishing the authoritativeness, genuineness, validity, credibility, or truth of anything; specifically, in law, the official attestation of a written instrument.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mark on an article of trade to indicate its origin and authenticity
- n. validating the authenticity of something or someone
Sorry, no etymologies found.