Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of authenticating, verifying, or establishing the authoritativeness, genuineness, validity, credibility, or truth of anything; specifically, in law, the official attestation of a written instrument.
- n. something which validates or confirms the authenticity of something
- n. computing proof of the identity of a user logging on to some network
- n. a hallmark or assay-mark on a piece of metalwork
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a mark on an article of trade to indicate its origin and authenticity.
- n. validating the authenticity of something or someone.
- n. a mark on an article of trade to indicate its origin and authenticity
- n. validating the authenticity of something or someone
“PCGS is the world's largest rare coin authentication company and a division of Collectors Universe, Inc.”
“In addition, there are reliable rare coin authentication companies whose certified coins are guaranteed for authenticity.”
“Re-authentication is required if the game is re-installed on a previously authorized machine for any reason.”
“Online authentication is more flexible and for Mass Effect, game authentication is needed only at the initial launch of the game on a particular machine.”
“People want one final point where all their authentication is finalized.”
“Witty told me Bank of America decided to go the next step and embrace full, two-factor authentication (albeit on a voluntary basis) because "defeating strong, but not two-factor authentication, is getting easier and easier" for the bad guys.”
“Key-based authentication is important for me, and they do it well -- with a well-organized UI to boot.”
“We have authentication from the cars maker, Jay Ohrberg, the renowned Hollywood car customiser, that proves what we have here is the one and only, truly original car used in the cartoon.”
“The ability to jump between disparate web apps and share information between apps without the headaches of authentication is one of the main things missing from the Web 2.0 experience and again Microsoft will see itself as the company, which given its experience, can provide such an environment for both developers and users.”
“One of the stronger components of (weak) mail ballot authentication is the association of a voter with a physical address where they can receive mail.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘authentication’.
random webdev lingo used primarily in computer programming.
( open list, randomness, technical jargon, geek speak )
ajax, user, admin, frontend, backend, database, sql, protocol, call, dom, layout, ui and 440 more...
A somewhat discriminatory list of words and phrases collected for their euphonic or arcane appeal, interesting etymology, or concise definition of an otherwise unnamed phenomenon or concept.
Looking for tweets for authentication.