American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A secret word or phrase that one uses to gain admittance or access to information.
- n. Computer Science A sequence of characters that one must input to gain access to a file, application, or computer system. Also called passkey.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A secret parole or countersign by which a friend may be distinguished from a stranger, and allowed to pass.
- n. A secret word used to gain admittance or to gain access to information; watchword.
- n. computing A string of characters used to log in to a computer or network, to access a level in a video game, etc.
- v. computing, transitive To protect with a password.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A word to be given before a person is allowed to pass; a watchword; a countersign.
- n. a secret word or phrase known only to a restricted group
- pass + word. (Wiktionary)
“Enter the correct password in the _password_ field.”
“GetFormsCredentials userName = _userName password = _password authority = _domain”
“I could read and delete them. username = "mlxxx@vabb. upn"; password = "xyzpdq"; sleep 2 echo USER $username sleep 1 echo PASS $password sleep 2 echo STAT sleep 1 echo QUIT”
“Download the source code, open twitter_status. php, change $username and $password with your Twitter username and password and upload the file in your test server.”
“· Changing to service mode and entering the password_ you will get a pop-up with the password as the title.”
“AS declare @err0 int update WL_user set password = @password where UserName = @userName set @err0 = @@error select @err0 as err0”
“InputBox, password, Enter Password, (Leave this field blank if you don´t set a password), hide runwait, "\% A_ScriptDir\%\exe2ahk. exe", \% 1\% \% password\%”
“username = $username, password = $password, my $friends_list = $nt-friends;”
“$q = "UPDATE tbl_users SET username = $username, password = $password WHERE user_ID = $user_ID"; mysql_query ($q, $connection) or die (mysql_error ()); now i am getting the error Unknown column 'gaby' in 'field list'.”
“\password psql will prompt you for a password and then prompt you to reenter it (remember this password, because you will need it later).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘password’.
random webdev lingo used primarily in computer programming.
( open list, randomness, technical jargon, geek speak )
ajax, user, admin, frontend, backend, database, sql, protocol, call, dom, layout, ui and 439 more...
a beginner's list should be about novices and all those that start on new journeys
words that make me warm inside
Codes, ciphers, and other words related to secret ways of communicating. See also Keeping Secrets, a list by oroboros.
Tip of the hat to Stephen, who always tells me "only one more switchback" as we go up the trail. Usually it is a lie, but it still works!
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
a list of words related to technology
A list of words which: I don't normally use now, but I used to as a kid; words that I used to hear in school;
also, words I used to hear my parents say :)
Looking for tweets for password.