from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or consisting of words; verbal.
- adj. Tending to use, using, or expressed in more words than are necessary to convey meaning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Using an excessive number of words.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to words; consisting of words; verbal.
- adj. Using many words; verbose.
- adj. Containing many words; full of words.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to the use of many words; verbose.
- Full of words; wordish.
- Consisting of words; verbal.
- An obsolete Scotch form of worthy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. using or containing too many words
From Middle English woordy, from Old English wordiġ ("wordy, verbose"), equivalent to word + -y. Cognate with Icelandic orðigur ("wordy"). (Wiktionary)