from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being at close quarters: hand-to-hand combat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Close together, within arm's reach.
- adj. Especially, fighting done within reach rather than at range. May or may not indicate unarmed combat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. in close union; in close fight.
- adj. close to one's adversary; -- of combat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- At close quarters; in personal encounter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. at close quarters
- adj. being at close quarters
Sorry, no etymologies found.