from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. With the head or front first: The cars crashed head-on.
- adv. In open conflict; in direct opposition: "I have wondered since whether it would have been wiser to meet the issue head-on” ( Henry A. Kissinger).
- adj. Facing forward; frontal.
- adj. With the front end foremost: a head-on collision.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Direct, abrupt, blunt or unequivocal; not prevaricating.
- adj. Of a collision, from the front or in the direction of motion.
- n. A collision from the front.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. characterized by direct opposition.
- adj. Without evasion or compromise.
- adj. Meeting front to front; used mostly of collisions between vehicles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with the front foremost
- adv. in direct opposition; directly
- adj. characterized by direct opposition
- adj. meeting front to front
Sorry, no etymologies found.