from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Titans.
- adj. Having great stature or enormous strength; huge or colossal: titanic creatures of the deep.
- adj. Of enormous scope, power, or influence: "a deepening sense that some titanic event lay just beyond the horizon” ( W. Bruce Lincoln).
- adj. Relating to or containing titanium, especially with valence 4.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having great size, or great strength, force or power.
- adj. Of or relating to titanium, especially tetravalent titanium
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to Titans, or fabled giants of ancient mythology; hence, enormous in size or strength.
- adj. Of or pertaining to titanium; derived from, or containing, titanium; specifically, designating those compounds of titanium in which it has a higher valence as contrasted with the
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the Titans; hence, enormous in size, strength, or degree; gigantic; superhuman; huge; vast.
- Of or pertaining to titanium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of great force or power
Titan + -ic (Wiktionary)
titan(ium) + -ic (Wiktionary)