from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Situated beyond or on the other side of the ocean.
- adj. Spanning or crossing the ocean.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. beyond or on the other side of an ocean
- adj. crossing an ocean
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Located or existing beyond the ocean: as, a transoceanic country; of or pertaining to what is across the ocean.
- Crossing the ocean: as, the transoceanic flight of a bird; relating to the crossing of the ocean: as, a transoceanic theory of the dispersion of human races.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. on or from the other side of an ocean
From trans- + oceanic. (Wiktionary)