from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Producing thunder or a similar sound.
- adj. Loud and unrestrained in a way that suggests thunder: thunderous applause.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Very loud; suggestive of thunder
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing thunder.
- adj. Making a noise like thunder; sounding loud and deep; sonorous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Thunder-producing; betokening thunder; awful.
- Thundering; loud and deep-sounding; making a noise like thunder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. loud enough to cause (temporary) hearing loss
- adj. extremely ominous
thunder + -ous (Wiktionary)