from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or making no sound. See Synonyms at still1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. without sound
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not capable of being sounded or fathomed; unfathomable.
- adj. Having no sound; noiseless; silent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Incapable of being sounded or fathomed; unfathomable.
- Having no sound; noiseless; silent; dumb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by absence of sound
Sorry, no etymologies found.