from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no voice; mute.
- adj. Linguistics Uttered without vibration of the vocal cords, as the sounds (t) and (p).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking a voice, without vocal sound.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no voice, utterance, or vote; silent; mute; dumb.
- adj. Not sounded with voice; ; surd.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no voice, utterance, or vote; mute; dumb.
- In phonetics, not voiced or sonant; surd.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deprived of the rights of citizenship especially the right to vote
- adj. produced without vibration of the vocal cords
- adj. being without sound through injury or illness and thus incapable of all but whispered speech
- adj. uttered without voice
voice + -less (Wiktionary)