from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Articulated with the tip of the tongue turned back and up toward the roof of the mouth; retroflex.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a point, top, or crown.
- adj. Pronounced using a retroflexed tongue.
- n. A sound pronounced using a retroflexed tongue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the top of the palate; cerebral; -- applied to certain consonants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a top or summit.
- In anatomy, relating to the cacumen or upper surface of the vermis of the brain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pronounced with the tip of the tongue turned back toward the hard palate
From Latin cacūmen, cacūmin-, summit, point.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From cacūmin- (the stem of the Latin cacūmen ("extremity, point, peak") + -al (Wiktionary)