from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Linguistics Not stressed or accented: an unstressed syllable.
- adj. Not exposed or subjected to stress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not stressed or accentuated
- adj. not subject to stress
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not pronounced with stress, as a vowel; unaccented.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not bearing a stress or accent
un- + stressed (Wiktionary)