from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of three letters, especially of three consonants. Used chiefly of roots in Semitic languages.
- n. A three-letter word or word element.
- n. A triliteral root or word.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Used to describe word roots in Semitic languages which consist of three letters
- n. A word root in a Semitic languages which consist of three letters
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of three letters; trigrammic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of three letters, as a word or syllable; also, of or pertaining to what consists of three letters.
- n. A word consisting of three letters.
Sorry, no etymologies found.