from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Articulated with the lower lip and upper teeth, as the sounds (f) and (v).
- n. A labiodental sound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. articulated with the lower lip and upper teeth
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Formed or pronounced by the cooperation of the lips and teeth, as f and v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed or pronounced by the coöperation of the lips and the teeth.
- n. An articulate sound produced by the coöperation of the lips and the teeth, or the letter or character representing such sound. The labiodentals are f and verb
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a consonant whose articulation involves the lips and teeth
Sorry, no etymologies found.