from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or exhibiting aphonia; unable to speak.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Without voice; voiceless; nonvocal; incapable of all but whispered speech.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characterized by aphonia; speechless; dumb.
- n. A person affected with aphonia.
- Having no sound or pronunciation.
- Having no voiced quality; not voiced.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being without sound through injury or illness and thus incapable of all but whispered speech
Sorry, no etymologies found.