from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Quiet; calm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. silent; calm
- adv. While still and calm
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Still; quiet; calm.
- adv. In a still manner; quietly; silently; softly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Still; quiet.
- Silently; without uproar.
- Calmly; quietly; without agitation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (poetic) still or calm
Sorry, no etymologies found.