from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Thoughtful consideration; meditation.
- n. A serious thought; a carefully considered reflection.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of cogitating; thought, deliberation or meditation
- n. A carefully considered thought
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of thinking; thought; meditation; contemplation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of cogitating or thinking; earnest reflection; meditation; contemplation.
- n. Hence That which is thought out; a plan; a scheme.
- n. In pre-Kantian philosophy, especially in Descartes, Spinoza, and the Wolfians, consciousness, especially thoughts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. attentive consideration and meditation
- n. a carefully considered thought about something
From Latin cogitatio (Wiktionary)