from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of making a substance temporarily or permanently magnetic, as by insertion in a magnetic field.
- n. The extent to which an object is magnetized.
- n. The property of being magnetic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of magnetizing, or the state of being magnetized
- n. The magnitude of the magnetic strength of a magnetized object.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of magnetizing, or the state of being magnetized.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of magnetizing, or the state of being magnetized. Also spelled magnetization.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process that makes a substance magnetic (temporarily or permanently)
- n. the extent or degree to which something is magnetized
- n. the physical property of being magnetic
Sorry, no etymologies found.