from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of forming a gastrula.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The stage of embryo development at which a gastrula is formed from the blastula by the inward migration of cells
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The process of invagination, in embryonic development, by which a gastrula is formed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In embryology, the formation of a gastrula; the process whereby a germ is converted from a morula or a blastula into a gastrula.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process in which a gastrula develops from a blastula by the inward migration of cells
gastrulate + -ion (Wiktionary)