from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or practice of plundering or marauding.
- n. The capturing of prey as a means of maintaining life.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. act of predating
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of pillaging.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of plundering or pillaging; robbery; predatory incursion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of preying by a predator who kills and eats the prey
- n. an act of plundering and pillaging and marauding
Middle English predacion, from Latin praedātiō, praedātiōn-, from praedātus, past participle of praedārī, to plunder; see predatory.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin praedatio, praedationem. (Wiktionary)