American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To provide with interleaves or an interleaf.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To insert a leaf or leaves in: as, to interleave a book with blank leaves or with illustrations.
- To insert between leaves: as, to interleave engravings, or blank leaves for notes or additions, in a book.
- v. transitive To insert (pages, which are normally blank) between the pages of a book
- v. transitive To intersperse (something) at regular intervals between the parts of a thing
- v. computing, transitive To allocate (things such as successive segments of memory) to different tasks
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To insert a leaf or leaves in; to bind with blank leaves inserted between the others.
- v. To insert something alternately between the parts of.
- v. intersperse alternately, as of protective covers for book illustrations
- v. intersperse the sectors on the concentric magnetic circular patterns written on a computer disk surface to guide the storing and recording of data
- v. provide (books) with blank leaves
“In computer terms, the "interleave" on this disk is 1 to 1 (written as 1: 1).”
“Ogg predates MKV by many years, and interleave is a fairly recent feature in MKV.”
“The idea is to interleave a blog with a narrative, rather like some trendy modern novels have done with Emails and the like.”
“And the third consideration was this: because we were able to interleave the memory and display cycles, we were able to essentially get data out of the memory at very little penalty.”
“The two branches of Atlantic inflow interleave at depths of 200 to 2000 m in the Arctic Ocean because of their high salinity, which makes them denser than surface waters despite their higher temperature.”
“And I might interleave some of my nonsense in with their posting.”
“If the pdf is a scanned book after cropping all left pages and all right pages i used pdf lab to ‘interleave’ the two documents and spit it out as a single pdf.. . .”
“For example, roll C.I.A (A) 13. is the thirteenth roll of Chief Inspector of Armaments, (Ammunition) drawings and will undoubtedly contain drawing numbers that will interleave with drawing numbers in other C.I.A.”
“When I end up having to interleave experiments, I always just make the main header of the continuation page say Cont'd from p.”
“Brasyl is strongly spiced with South-American flavor, a passionate novel whose three story lines in three different eras interleave and dance around a core conflict of what seems to be the usual time-traveling, multiple possible universes, one side against the other stuff that is, these days, pretty mainstream.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘interleave’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for interleave.