from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To interpret incorrectly; misunderstand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to misunderstand
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To conceive wrongly; to interpret incorrectly; to receive a false notion of; to misunderstand; to misjudge; to misapprehend.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To conceive erroneously; form a wrong conception of; misunderstand; misapprehend; misjudge.
- Synonyms To misunderstand, misapprehend, mistake.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. interpret in the wrong way
mis- + conceive (Wiktionary)